Gypsy Jewels. Our Exclusive Redesigned Vintage Jewelry Collection

Did you know Lotus Vintage now has a jewelry line? Gypsy Jewels is our latest collaboration with our stylist, Mimma, who helped create these unique bracelets and necklaces. The line is a mixture of redesigned vintage and contemporary pieces. This jewelry has all the glamour and style of the 20s Great Gatsby era, but with a modern twist. Some of the pieces have a 20s and 30s feel, while others have more of a 70s boho / festival look with turquoise beads and cross necklaces. 

Now available exclusively in our webstore








Gypsy Jewels photos by: Lauren Weissler


When she's not working on Gypsy Jewels, Mimma also has her own jewelry line, Sweet Freedom. 





We caught up with Mimma to ask her about her latest creations...

How did you start making jewelry?
Initially I was searching for a creative outlet to express my style. I wanted to create a clothing line of my own and decided my passion was geared more towards jewelry. Eventually, with trial and error, Sweet Freedom basically came to be!

Where do you look for inspiration?
I find inspiration from all over. I get most of my ideas through Native American designs and the 70s hippie era. I especially love female rock stars and their looks, especially Stevie Nicks and Debbie Harry.

What’s your favorite piece from the Gypsy Jewels line?
My favorite piece is the Crescent Bib Necklace. I absolutely love statement pieces and that's a really cool bold necklace that makes one big statement!

How is Gypsy Jewels different from your own line?
Gypsy Jewels features redesigned vintage pieces whereas Sweet Freedom is a more modern throwback to bohemian style. Since Gypsy has actual authentic vintage pieces it has a more classic feel. Sweet Freedom, on the other hand, has a more tribal, ethnic and edgy vibe. Both lines are beautiful in their own unique way!


1 comment: